5 Summer Travel Hacks
🎵 Summmmer … 🎶
🎶 Vacation, all I ever wanted … 🎵
🎵 Vacation, had to get away … 🎶
It’s that ahhh-mazing time of the year where travelers rejoice and we can experience all the wonders this world has to offer. To make packing and traveling a breeze, we’ve compiled our list of 5 summer travel hacks to keep you looking fresh and stay stress free.
Before you think this is another blog about rolling your clothes to prevent wrinkling and save space or other completely obvious travel tips … Think again!
Prepare to have your mind blown …
1. Travel Packing Tips:
Packing is typically the most daunting part of preparing for any trip. Figuring out what to wear, how to fit it all in a suitcase and still leave room to bring home some rad souvenirs can be a conundrum.
To save some space and to protect your things here are a couple tips:
- Roll your belt into the collar of your shirt to keep your collar protected but also to save space.
- Prepare a wardrobe capsule so you pack things that compliment each other, freeing up some valuable space.
- Put a shower cap around your shoes so you can keep your clothes clean.
- Add a dryer sheet on top of your shoes to keep your luggage smelling fresh and clean.
- Pack a travel kit for your toothpaste and mouthwash that is in one easy and convenient bag. Ensuring you won’t forget anything and you can put it in your purse or backpack so you can have a fresh mouth wherever you go. This one is our favorite!
⭐ Bonus Tip: When you check your bag mark it as “fragile” and it’ll be the first one to come out of the carousel at baggage claim.
2. Use Common Everyday Items to Organize
Nothing is more frustrating than opening your neatly packed suitcase and having to rummage through it trying to find your much needed items that shifted during your flight. It happens, but you can be prepared:
- Tic Tac containers are perfect to keep your bobby pins in one easily accessible place.
- Place a cotton pad over your blush or compact to ensure the mirror doesn’t break while in transit.
- Use pill containers to keep your earrings neatly organized.
- Put your necklaces through straws to keep them from getting tangled.
- Use a binder clip to keep your headphones from tangling or as a cap to your razor so you don’t accidentally cut your hand open trying to find your lipgloss.
- Sunglass cases are awesome to keep chargers and cords all together in an easy to find spot that’s tangle free.
- Contact cases are great to hold eye cream and make sure it doesn’t end up all over your belongings.
3. Save Yourself Some Money
We are all about living that budget travel life! After all, it may allow us to splurge on some extra drinks or that taxi cab fare when our feet are killing us. Smart Travelers UNITE!
- Bring an empty water bottle with you to the airport and fill it up after making it through security, no more paying for water at airports.
- Check Foursquare reviews to get wifi passwords for nearby restaurants or airport lounges. Pull up a chair and huzzah, free internet! After all, internet should be a right not a privilege.
- Save your phone battery and data plan by typing “Ok maps” into Google Maps to save your map and directions while you go into airplane mode
4. Travel Apps
Tours can be hard! Finding the right time in your busy tourist schedule, planning ahead so it’s not sold out and then walking around with strangers for hours, the struggle is real!
Now you can download “Google Goggles” app onto your smartphone and have your own virtual tour guide at your leisure. Thank you technology! When you take a photo of a landmark or monument around you, it adds fun facts about that place on your phone. Giving you real time information about things you actually care about. Sign us up!
Want to do a local brewery tour more than a history tour?
We got you covered! You can Google search popular pub crawl routes. Plus see other people’s reviews so you don’t waste your time at the lame ones. Saving yourself time and money, you can thank us later!
Want to do what the locals do?
Download Party With a Local app and get the low down on all the favorites in the city that you wouldn’t otherwise know about. After all, “When in Rome, do as the Romans do.” You may also meet a new lifelong friend, the possibilities are endless. One thing is for sure, you’ll have a great time!
Need to rent a car and don’t want to wait in a long line?
Turo is our favorite app for that. Often cheaper than most rental agencies and you deal with an actual human that picks you up. Then you take their car and you’re on your way. It’s like the Airbnb of cars. It comes with insurance for a worry free driving experience and some pretty luxurious cars to choose from.
5. Take Photos of These Things, You’ll Be Glad You Did:
A picture can be worth a thousand words, but it can also save you from a thousand headaches. We hope your trip is filled with fun memories, but in the off chance, if anything goes wrong on your trip, you’ll want to be prepared!
- Taking a picture of your passport and driver’s license is a smart way to speed up the process should it get stolen or lost.
- Taking a picture of your luggage will help if it gets lost and you need to report it to the airline.
- Taking a ridiculous selfie on your phone will ensure if your phone gets lost or stolen that you can verify it’s yours.
We hope that you have safe travels and a wonderful experience! If you’d like to also hear about how to prevent bad breath while traveling, you can read more here.
What are some of your travel hacks?
Leave us a comment, we’d love to hear from you!