Sensitive Teeth After Whitening Pen? Solutions You Can Do at Home
Teeth whitening pens are the latest beauty trend. With celebrities like Kendall Jenner launching their own pens, more and more people are discovering just how easy it is to rock a whiter smile right at home. But there’s one teeny (ok, major) drawback you may experience: sensitive teeth after whitening.
Most of the time, sensitive teeth after whitening will go away on its own within a few days to a few weeks … but why grin and bear it? Keep reading for solutions to get you smiling again, fast.
What Is Tooth Sensitivity?
The most common symptom after teeth whitening is sensitivity to hot and cold. This can be from food and drink, or even just breathing in cold air. Achy teeth or sudden, sharp pain is also common.
Solutions for Dealing With Sensitive Teeth After Whitening
Here are a few tips to help turn the tables on sensitive teeth after whitening:
- Follow whitening directions exactly – Increasing the gel amount or your exposure time won’t make your teeth whiter – it will make them more sensitive.
- Use sensitive teeth toothpaste after whitening – This is important not just after whitening treatments, but also beforehand, as it will help prime your enamel and possibly help you avoid sensitivity altogether.
- Drink cold beverages through a straw – This easy-to-do hack will create less contact with your sensitive teeth.
- Don’t show your strength – Save your muscles for opening that jar of pickles and be gentle when you brush your teeth. Vigorous brushing can strip enamel, making you prone to tooth sensitivity ALL the time! You may also want to switch to an extra-soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Avoid hot coffee/teas for a few days – We know, this one may be hard, but just think of how you’ll be preserving your whitening results!
- Go easy on acidic items – Food and drinks that are high in acidity (think sugar, citrus fruits/juices, sports drinks) can irritate your already sensitive enamel.
The Ultimate Tooth Sensitivity Treatment After Whitening
Now you can show off your white, bright smile without the discomfort of sensitive teeth, thanks to the fabulous Cavity Protection Kit for Sensitive Teeth from Oxyfresh. Specially designed to help with tooth sensitivity, this kit is a must-have whether you use teeth whitening pens or any other Links: teeth bleaching method. (Ms. Jenner herself would be crazy not to get her hands on it!)
What’s Inside The Kit:
Sensitive Teeth Toothpaste: Cavity Protection Fresh Mint (5.5 oz)
Use this non-staining fluoride toothpaste before, during and after teeth whitening treatments to help remineralize your enamel and guard from sensitivity (bonus is the cavity protection it provides!) Low abrasion for even more TLC for your enamel.
Sensitive Teeth Mouthwash: Cavity Protection Fresh Mint (16 oz.)
Infused with non-staining fluoride and natural mint oil, this is the perfect complement to our sensitive teeth toothpaste after whitening to strengthen the enamel, desensitize your teeth, and give you all-day fresh breath. 100% free of alcohol and dyes for no sting, no burn, no stain!
Oolitt® Elite Tongue Scraper
Every bright smile needs fresh breath to go with it. A clean tongue is the best-kept secret to fresh breath, and this tongue cleaner is rated #1 in the industry. It removes smelly bacteria where a toothbrush simply can’t reach … 75% more effective vs. brushing the tongue.
Make your smile happy! Try this affordable, USA-made kit, the ultimate tooth sensitivity treatment after whitening, and feel great about your results.
P.S. Here’s a “bright” idea! Share this post with your friends who whiten their teeth or are considering it. We love helping smiles all over the world.